September 9, 2010

Potty training and its bad days

I have been potty training Princess Diva forever it seems. She is 3.5 years old and for the past year we have struggled to just finish it all up. I have tried everything but she just does not like to go on the potty. Instead she will hold it in for weeks and then get sick. I finally took her to the doctor and they said that it was normal for kids to do that, and to start all over. Start all over, are you kidding me, I have to change a 3 year olds diaper. I was very reluctant and started all over back to pulls ups. No panties for her and no potty... after a long couple of months her confidence grew and we were back on the potty and back to wearing big girl panties. Then there the past month, we are back to hiding in the closet, crying when I sit her on the potty, and changing her own panties so that I wont notice she has "dirtied" them. Even though I do notice. I am giving the poor girl milk of magnesia every other day to try and regulate her and its only getting worse. I dont know what to do and both her and I are at our wits end.. Any suggestions would be wonderful. Happy Friday to everyone. TGIF I may have made it through the first week of back to school, but I have not made it through my last child and potty training


Photobucket
New Friend Fridays
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining our blog hop over at Sassy Sites! There are some amazing blogs out there, and you are definetly one of them! I'm a follower of yours too! Happy Friday! xoxo

    Marni @ Sassy Sites!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you're going through a difficult time with the PT. We had trouble in the beginning with our 3yr old son and his BMs. We started mixing his juice with a little of prune juice and that seemed to help. Not every time, but rotating. Wish you luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow sorry you are going through this. I have never experienced this but have always found answers in books when the doc couldnt help. There has to be a book on this somewhere. Im sure many moms have been in this spot. Im starting potty training this month and am not looking forward to it. My son wants to totally undress everytime he goes.

    Lucy
    http://postpartumillness.com/

    ReplyDelete