September 2, 2010

Thursday Good Bye Thunder Thighs

I woke up this morning just uncomfortable in my own skin. I have not really mentioned much about myself yet in this blog, but I do want to share something today. I think that doing a weekly blog post will help me with my up and down Yo-Yo struggle with weight. I have always had issues with it, but it really got bad when I quit my job to stay at home with the kids and has gotten worse from there. I work different freelance customer service jobs from my computer to make the money to pay the bills. I sit at this computer about 15 hours a day. I work mainly at night late till about 4am when the kids are sleep and that causes me to snack for two reasons, one I am bored, and two I feel the food helps me stay awake as I start to drift off to sleep around 2am. I sleep about 5 hours a night and the rest of the time I am awake EATING. I use the many excuses that I cant afford the gym, weight watchers is a lot per week, I have tried every diet there is and even over the counter diet pills and nothing has really worked. I will drop 30 pounds or so and then put it right back on. I use the excuse that my husband does the grocery shopping lately and he buys "kid" friendly meals that are fast and easy and fattening. I use the excuse of time, I dont have enough when I have to work to pay the bills. I got on the scale this morning and I am SHOCKED. I am the heaviest that I have been since I was pregnant with my daughter 4 years ago and I am far from being pregnant. I can feel this becoming an issue with depression as well. I dont have a single thing I can fit into. I have a closet full of clothing that is too tight. I have a pair of cut off sweats that I am living in daily. Something has got to give. I am even too embarrassed to put a picture up of a before so here is a picture of my scale. Dont mind the fact that I need a pedicure. haha. I found an eHow article on how to calculate your points and I can have 27 weight watcher points a day. I subscribed to Hungrygirl.com . I have to say her recipes he sends out by email are so good and she already calculates the points for you. I am trying to get motivated here. Every season for the Biggest Loser I say I am going to do it this time with them, and this time I am! Any of my readers have the same issues please leave comments and give me some advice. I have lost his battle every time I fight it, and this time I want to win it. My starting weight is 231 my goal is 155 and my goal weight date is February 14th 2011. That is my 35th birthday and my anniversary. Wish me luck.
The Two Savvy Sisters
For The Love Of 4
Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Right there with you! Too many excuses and not enough action on my part. I am sure that lack of sleep has something to do with it, that and my nightly bowl of cereal.

    I know that tracking points and meal planning work. Drinking water or tea instead of snacking also works.

    I wish you success in reaching your goal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hun for stopping by and commenting and opening up. Yet another person trying to drop some Lbs... good luck with that. I am now following and look forward reading more of your stuff.
    All the best,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello I am a new follower from TT. I would love a follow back at
    http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm exciting for you that you are ready to start eating healthy! Like you it took me a long time to get to a point where I felt I was winning the battle. I've lost weight several times and put it back on.

    I know you have already visited me. I encourage you to look through old Tone it Up Tuesday as some of them contain some tips. I also have a few recipes that I like listed.

    I'm going to add a linky that I hope you will like up to so I can come by each work and offer my support!

    Hugs
    Colleen
    www.shibleysmiles.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey there! Thank you so much for stopping by Mommy Minded! I am following you back!

    Have a GREAT Weekend!

    Megan
    www.mommyminded.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by Sunny Bug. I know the yo-yo weight issue all too well. I don't bother getting on the scales anymore - I just monitor by how my clothes fit. I did try Wii Fit yesterday and the stupid thing told me I gained 10 lbs since the last time I played 5 months ago. So...I guess I'm back at watching what I eat and exercising more. Good luck. *following*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good luck! Get an accountability partner to help hold your feet to the fire -- sure is helping me try to get all the baby weight off!
    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can do it!! All the money in the world can't change your weight. I know working is important for paying bills, but even if you started with a 15-20 minute walk or inside exercise, that would be better than doing nothing and it wouldn't take away too much from your working time. Rest is important too! Practical goals are important or you're going to get discouraged. Thanks for being so honest... that's step #1. =) Stopping by from New Friend Fridays @ Trendy Treehouse. Have a nice Friday. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have found that the diets don't work. WW, included. I joined TOPS and it is working SOOO well. There is no food to buy. Dues are only ~$3/wk and there is NO DIET!! You learn to change your life style, eating habits and opinion of yourself. It is a GREAT EDUCATIONAL program that teaches you- not deprives you so you binge as soon as you reach you goal weight. Check it out! :) tops.org
    Thanks for linking up at Home Grown Families Friday Blog Hop! We're following you now!
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck! I feel your pain but I am eight months pregnant so I can't really do anything until after my son arrives. I always gain so much weight when I am pregnant. Probably because I allow myself to cave to my cravings and eat junk I don't usually.

    Something that has worked well for me in the past regardless of what program you decide to do is to keep a food journal. I know a lot of trouble right but you will be surprised to see how quickly your calories add up and it will keep you from eating too much.

    I also don't like programs and the most that I will do is cut back on my carbs because they are the devil. I think posting your struggles will certainly keep you motivated. By the way, I am a new follower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a brave post. in fact, i was thinking of doing one myself. i, too, have struggled with my weight my entire life. i thought if i did a weekly post on weight, diet, exercise then maybe i would feel motivated to keep it up being that i'm putting it out there for the world to see. i wish you much luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Following you back from Buzz on by Thursday! Thanks for following & commenting on my blog, I look forward to your posts!

    :) Sara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Best of luck to you. I've had a few reality checks lately, and I really need to lose some weight. I have plenty to lose. So I'm right there with you. Don't give up!

    ReplyDelete