August 24, 2010

Time for a little re-arrange (Follow Me Wednesday)






Today my goal is to re-arrange the "little" girls room. There are 3 girls in this room and they are the youngest 3 so you can imagine the clutter and toys and just a mess. I recently got them a new computer desk that I got at a thrift store for $7.00. I love it but its the wrong color. I need to refinish it and make it white, but for the mean time its in the room because the computer was on the floor. Now its so unorganized in this room you cant even see the floor. No room to walk or move. So I am posting before pics, and when I am done I will post after pics. Next week challenge will be to refinish the dresser and the desks to all be white to match. Good luck to me. Any pointers?? I have never refinished furniture, only watched my mom do it for years.


Update on the room re-arrange: I spent my whole morning moving the furniture around only to end up with a flip and a flop of the desk and the dresser. Then pushing the bed over some to make corner space, and putting some things in the closet and throwing out the broken toys to make room for other toys in the toy tubs. I spent hours, but really the room is so small with so much furniture not a lot of options. I think that once I re-finish the dresser and the desks that are in there I will feel better about it. We will see how that goes. I will keep you updated.
Pin It

7 comments:

  1. $7.00 for a desk is an amazing find...great job! Hey, just stopping by from MBC to follow you and say hi! I'd love a follow back at www.annaandessie.com. See ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following you through the Wednesday blog hops. I sure would appreciate you returning the favor! www.jennifersikora.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know how it goes!! I have 3 girls and they all want their rooms redone but it's so expensive! I need to find some great deals like your $7 desk!

    Following from Ten Talents This for That link!

    www.withjustabitofmagic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for checking out my blog... Hope you enjoyed it... I was doing a lil remodeling... lol

    I love you blog BTW and am now a follower!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by Mrs. Mama Drama! I'm now following you back. I look forward to reading more!

    PS.... If you ever want to do some shopping in your PJs, stop by the Mrs. Mama Drama Boutique to browse some of my absolute favorite products that I own, love, recommend, or believe to be simply fabulous!

    www.mrsmamadrama.com
    mamadramaboutique.blogspot.com

    -Erinn @ Mrs. Mama Drama

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a new follower....good luck with the refinishing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love a good re-arranging of the furniture, it can be so cleansing! I'm curious to see how it all turns out!

    ReplyDelete